An email signature represents official University communication and is your digital business card. It is important to present a unified, professional appearance with an email signature that uses our brand colors, font, and logo. Use this email signature tool to create a signature for all brand email communications, replacing the generic information with your own.
Generate an Email Signature
How to Use
Use this form to generate a custom email signature. This signature works with Outlook desktop clients and Office 365 Outlook (i.e. Outlook in the browser.) It may not work with Apple mail.
Office 365 Instructions
After you have filled out the form, click on the Copy to Clipboard button.
To change your signature in outlook:
- Click on the Settings Cog (in the upper right-hand corner, next to your avatar)
- Click View all Outlook settings, a link at the bottom of the pane that appears
- Select Compose and Reply from the Options tab
- Paste the signature that you have copied from this page into the email signature box. You can do this by right-clicking and selecting Paste or by typing ctrl + v (Windows) or cmd + v (Mac)
Below this box you can also select options to automatically include the signature in new messages/reply.
None of the information you enter into the form on this page is saved.
Desktop Outlook Instructions
After you have filled out the form, click on the Copy to Clipboard button. If there is a line you wish to delete, please do so in Outlook.
- Click New Email
- In the window that opens, click Signature > Edit Signatures
- Click the + button to add a new signature
- Paste the generated signature into the next popup that appears. Save and close this window
- You can then adjust the settings for when this signature appears under the Choose a default signature heading
How to Add Office Hours to Your Signature
Using this example, update the text below with your work schedule and location, then cut and paste it to the end of your Outlook signature. Be sure the font you use is Segoe UI 10 pt.
Onsite Hours: Mon - Tues 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Offsite Hours: Weds - Fri 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.